Version 4.15 (04.01.16)
- Added KSEVENT_PINCAPS_FORMATCHANGE event support.
- Replaced source line summer with a multiplexer.
- Added recording side volume control.
- Added cable information window with stream information list.
- Added event log feature.
- Fixed some bugs in KS version of Audio Repeater.
- Added some options and useful information display to KS version of Audio Repeater.
- Added MMCSS task registration to Audio Repeater to control thread priority.
- Fixed a bug in resuming the streaming after sleep/hibernation.
- Added Ctrl-C support in Audio Repeater "Wave in" and "Wave out" fields to copy device name to the clipboard.
- Increased small buffer movement uniformity between VAC driver and applications.
Version 4.14 (10.06.14)
- Fixed a bug caused playback at higher speed.
- Added a workaround for PortCls bug (GetMaxMapRegisters function) causing position freezing.
- Fixed a bug caused signal level to be painted over the header in Control Panel application.
- Added stream buffer control to minimize overflows/underflows.
- Added button to restart System Audio Engine.
- Now filter volume/mute nodes always report 8-channel support.
Version 4.13 (03.08.13)
- Fixed a bug preventing stream buffer watermark parameters from being loaded on restart.
- Fixed bugs causing integer divide overflows in Audio Repeater (both MME and KS versions).
- Added a workaround for PortCls bug causing BSOD (bugchecks 0x50 or 0xD6) in GetMaxMapRegisters function if Driver Verifier with the special pool is used for VAC driver verification.
- Added peak signal level indicators to Control Panel.
- Changed signal level indication in Audio Repeater from average to peak.
- Fixed stream position timestamp error if PortCls is not used (occurred in Open Broadcaster Software).
- Added a feature to control playback pin type (speaker or line out).
- Fixed sleep/hibernate problems.
- Added master volume control.
Version 4.12 (01.04.12)
- Fixed RtAudio buffer processing bug in Audio Repeater KS.
- Added clock rate display to Audio Repeater.
- Changed number of worker threads limit to a number of logical CPUs.
Version 4.11 (14.03.12)
- Added cable multi-selection feature to Control Panel.
- Clock correction precision increased to 0.0000001% (1E-8%).
- Added volume boost feature.
- Fixed sampling rate change bug caused incorrect playback speed.
- Rewritten data processing code from DPC to system thread set to minimize
interlocked waiting and improve performance on multi-CPU/core systems.
- Added stream buffer watermark control feature to improve stream
- Added "Reset counters" buttons (Control Panel) to reset cable/driver
- Minimum possible sampling rate increased from 200 to 1000.
- Fixed a bug in KS Audio Repeater (device name string length was limited
to 31 chars as in MME version).
- Optimized KS Audio Repeater algorithms for more reliable transfer.
- Added a feature to Audio Repeater: now command-line options can specify
device number instead of its name to avoid name collisions if several
adapters of the same type coexists.
- Added several channel mixing/distribution schemes.
- Added channel scatter/gather mode and cable channel mixing control.
- Increased clock correction precision (registry value format is changed).
- Added a privilege elevation manifest to Setup application to elevate
- Maximum sampling rate changed from 1000000 to 384000 in accordance with
- Add "already installed" warning to Setup application.
- Fixed some node property errors.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
Version 4.10 (15.02.10)
- Added IPrefetchOffset interface support (more stable audio in XP/Vista/Server
- Added a workaround to avoid Skype freezing and to stabilize streaming in
heavy load cases.
- Changed voice reminder policy in trial version.
- Added tray icon support to Audio Repeater.
- Added Kernel Streaming version of Audio Repeater.
- Added Wikipedia references in the user manual.
- Fixed some bugs in volume control code.
- Fixed a bug caused timer resolution restoration when a last cable stream
- Added timer resolution correction on return from standby.
- Added load splitting among CPUs/cores.
- Added Authenticode digital signature from NTONYX.
- Added instance closing feature to Audio Repeater.
Version 4.09 (27.06.08)
- Fixed a bug caused system crash in case of incorrect volume settings.
- Now multichannel nodes are exposed correctly (individual sliders instead
of the Pan slider).
- Fixed a bug caused break instruction crash (0x80000003) on a floating
point format query.
- Fixed a bug caused system crash in low memory situation.
- Added a test signature to 64-bit driver module.
- Increased average time interval between voice reminders in trial version.
- Increased clock correction precision in Control Panel to 1/1000th of a
Version 4.08 (14.09.07)
- Clock correction amount is now represented and specified in percent values.
- Changed clock correction algorithm to increase sampling rate precision.
- Fixed a bug in the INF file that prevented Virtual Cables from being used
via KS Proxy (for example, as a DirectShow WDM filter).
- Fixed a bug in format checking code that limited number of channels to 2
Version 4.07 (28.06.07)
- Removed another debug break instruction caused a bugcheck in rare cases.
Version 4.06 (15.05.07)
- Fixed installer bug caused the driver to stay disabled after installation.
- Removed a debug break instruction caused a bugcheck in rare cases.
Version 4.05 (12.05.07)
- Added a clock correction feature.
- Added configuration options for source line set (affects endpoint creation
- Changed service name in INF file to eliminate conflicts with VAC3.
- Added more correct multi-channel support under Vista.
- Added a workaround for Vista portcls.sys bug (a miniport stream can be
destructed without been stopped).
- Removed the "Mic" source line (capture endpoint in Vista) from the default
source line set.
- Changed "Milliseconds per interrupt" default value to 7 to improve
- Improved stream stability on short buffering times.
- Changed the Control Panel interface.
Version 4.04 (31.12.06)
- Fixed a bug in topology description (fake recording controls were not
- Fixed some synchronization bugs (the system hangs while several cables are
- Added a pitch (frequency) shifting support.
- Added a limited Vista support.
Version 4.03 (31.07.06)
- Fixed a bug that caused change of signal pitch. This issue was previously
considered as DirectSound bug and was described in FAQ section related to
speech engines. This section has been removed from the FAQ.
Version 4.02 (22.05.06)
- Added 64-bit binaries.
- Some minor corrections.
Version 4.01 (24.03.06)
- Fixed some bugs.
- Changed default stream format limiting type to the "Cable range".
Version 4.00 (06.03.06)